Thursday, June 17, 2010

I’ve been a bad blogger

Sorry I haven’t blogged in a while but I have been super busy playing with Sam and a lot of other stuff has been going on too. I won’t get into it too extensively, but my younger sister Jessica has been at her old tricks again and is now staying in a halfway house “trying” to get her act together. My parents are taking care of her son Jakob for a little while until Jessica is ready to have him with her, so while it has been hard on my parents (raising a 19 month old isn’t easy) I know it is the best thing for him right now. Again, I won’t go into deep detail but if you could keep our family in your thoughts and prayers I would greatly appreciate it.

Last week Sam turned 4 months old. I can hardly believe how big she is getting already. We are going to her checkup on Monday so I will make a new entry to update everyone on her stats then. I am not looking forward to her next round of shots, but hopefully she will do as well this time as she did at her 2 month checkup and then we can start dreading the 6 month ones. lol. For her 4 month birthday we bought her an exersaucer and a high chair. She LOVES her exersaucer, but hates the high chair. She tried her first bites of cereal this week, but after a couple of rough nights we have decided that her tummy just isn’t ready for solids yet, and have returned to strictly breast milk for the time being. I am so in love with our little girl and we are having so much fun together. She loves playing airplane and tomorrow we are taking her for her very first swim! Pictures will be posted soon, I promise. :)

As for me, I started back on my weight watchers on June 1st. As of Tuesday I have lost 11.2lbs with another 10 to go to be at my pre-pregnancy weight and another 37 to go after that to get to my ultimate goal. It has been pretty easy to stick with for the most part because I get extra points for exclusively breast feeding, but by the end of my first week my supply had dropped and I had to add a few calories to keep it up. I hope with some extra pumping sessions, more water, and oatmeal every morning that I will be able to continue to breast feed for as long as I wish. I have really started enjoying the time I have with Sam while nursing, and would hate for my diet to sabotage that.

Father’s day is on Sunday, and I am really looking forward to it. I was going to get Patrick a weed wacker but his parents got him one so I ended up finding him a video game that he wants and I got him a shirt that says “Sammie’s Daddy”. :) I’ll post a picture of that too once I give it to him.

Oh, Sam’s new favorite thing to do is scream and shriek. She is fine, she just likes to hear herself. lol

Well I guess that is all for now. Here are some pictures of Sam from her 4 month birthday!

 DSC03816 DSC03819

DSC03826 DSC03849

DSC03870DSC03911  

DSC03891

DSC03958

DSC03942 DSC03993

*******************************************************

Dear God,

Thank you for everything that you do for us. Thank you for giving me such an amazing daughter and husband. Thank you for giving Patrick and me such wonderful parents and for letting them come by so often. Thank you for watching over my parents as they are taking on the responsibility of watching over my sisters child. Please help Jessica to come to the realization that she needs to stop being selfish and that she needs to start taking better care of her child and stop taking advantage of those who love her. Please continue to watch over my friends who are having difficulties starting their own families, please give them strength, hope, and eventually the children that they desire. Please continue to be with my aunt who lost her father this week. Thank you for blessing my family so much. Thank you for Patrick’s job, for our home, for the love that we share with each other. Please continue to work through us and show us Christ’s love.

AMEN

********************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment