Monday we took Samantha for her 4 month check up. At 4 months one week and four days old Samantha’s stats were: 15lbs 15 1/2oz (92%), 24 1/2 inches long (73%), and 42cm head circumference (96%). Her pediatrician said that she was absolutely perfect and very healthy. She was glad that I was still exclusively breast feeding, but I did get some recommendations for formula just in case we need to supplement soon. We talked about reintroducing solids in a few weeks since Sam didn’t do well with them the first night we tried them, but the pedi said that we didn’t necessarily have to do anything until she is 6 months old. Other than that it was just your typical check up. She got 3 more shots and the oral rotavirus vaccine, and only cried for a minute or two. Patrick and I were so glad that she wasn’t too upset for too long. She didn’t have any strange reactions, just a little cranky in the afternoon.
The one milestone she hadn’t hit was rolling over, but yesterday while Patrick was watching her and I was paying bills online in the other room, she rolled from her tummy to her back!! I was so happy and excited that she finally did it, but cried because I missed it. I was really glad that Patrick got to see it, because he might not get to see some of her other milestones, but I was upset that even though I am with her all the time I still missed it. We must have practiced a hundred times, at least 6 the day that she finally rolled over on her own, but of course the first time she does it I’m in the next room. lol
I took her back to the doctor today because she has had a runny nose for a few days, and the stuffiness is making it difficult for her to sleep through the night like her usual self. The doctor took some blood and checked Sam over, and said that it just looks like a little cold, just too keep an eye on her and she should be better in a few days. I was so glad that it wasn’t anything serious, but still glad that I took her to see the doctor, just in case. Dr. Meadows also gave me some helpful tips on how to make her more comfortable too. I put a small pillow underneath her mattress to help slant her bed so that the drainage won’t pool in the back of her throat, and have been using saline drops to make it easier to suck out the yucky stuff in her nose. Her doctor said to call if I had any questions, or if I didn’t think it was getting any better and she would see her asap. :) I love our pediatrician!
**********************************************************
Dear God,
Thank you so much for everything that you do for us. Thank you for giving us such a healthy sweet baby girl. Thank you for giving her such a great doctor that doesn’t make me feel like I am silly for being concerned. Thank you for everything you do for us!
AMEN
**********************************************************
No comments:
Post a Comment