Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sam is going to be a big sister!!!

I cannot believe it! Our first cycle trying, and we are expecting a baby brother or sister for our sweet Samantha! We are so excited, but in a bit of shock since it took a while to get pregnant with Sam, just shows that our plans and God’s plan must have been pretty darn close. 

I had been feeling ill all week. Tired, not hungry, too hungry, but my biggest clue that I was pregnant was the back pain. When I was pregnant with Sam, I thought I had a kidney infection, I even went to the doctor and he said everything was fine. This time I decided to wait it out, I just knew that we were pregnant and that I couldn’t wait to take a test to prove that I knew my body so well I could feel it!

I woke up around 4am this morning and tested, even though it was a couple of days early, but a faint line showed up and my instincts were proven to be right! I was sweet and waited for Patrick to wake up at 7 when we heard Sam calling for us. With Sam I woke him up super early and he was so tired, I wanted to give him a chance to be really awake for this one.  I asked him if he wanted to go get the big sister, and he said "huh, really?!" I showed him the frame I made for him, and he got so excited.  IMG_2096

After we got Sam up, we told her she was going to be a big sister and that mommy had a baby in her belly. Today she says she wants a “brudder”, but I’m sure that she will be happy with a boy or a girl when the time comes.

I had to call my mom right after I told Patrick and Sam. She knew I’d been feeling run down, so she wasn’t shocked, but was very excited. Patrick decided that since his parents were coming over to help move some furniture out of our guest room (the new nursery) that we should tell them in a fun way. We told them right away with Sam too, bc God forbid something happen, we would want their love and support, and we see them pretty often so it wouldn’t be easy to hide. He suggested we get Sam a big sister shirt (which I had already bought in hopes of getting pg), and putting it on her to see how long it would take his parents to figure out that we were pregnant. lol.

IMG_2098

I thought it was great! His parents came over, walked in, played with Sam, and nothing! lol. I don’t know how long we were sitting there, but his mom finally said “ I have to ask, is her shirt trying to tell us something?” I said yes, and they jumped up and were very excited. His mother said she noticed it when she walked in, but didn’t want to jump to conclusions. I thought it was funny that with all the clothes in my sweet child’s closet, she thought that it could have been a mistake. lol. We told them that it was very early, that we just found out this morning and wanted them to wait to tell anyone else until after I had some bloodwork done, and they agreed. We also decided to tell a couple of other family members and close friends early on too, because we are so excited and we would want them to know just in case we needed emotional support.

Patrick is so excited and keeps talking about our new baby, and Sam keeps saying “I a big sisser”. We are so happy and blessed.  Today we are 3 weeks 4 days pregnant, and we love our precious baby and our big sister!

DSC_0013

*******************************************************************

Dear God,

There are so many things that I am thankful for, but today, THANK YOU for this baby! Thank you for knowing what is best for our family and for this incredible little blessing to share our lives. Thank you for giving Sam this amazing gift that I hope will end up being her best friend. Thank you thank you thank you thank you!

AMEN

*******************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment