Saturday, December 10, 2011

One year ago…

Blog from one year ago

One year ago today, I could have lost my mother. It was like any other day, I woke up, got Sam up, told Patrick bye as he left for work, started feeding Sam breakfast and then I got a call from my dad that my mom had been in a car accident. One year ago today my mother broke her back and was in the hospital, and the doctors weren’t sure how severe it was, if she would ever be able to stand up and hold her grandchildren again. One year ago today was one of the worst days of my life.

But today, just one short year later. My mother is healthy, happy, alive. She can do everything she could do before the accident, and only has mild lingering pain from her injuries. Today, I woke up played with my daughter and my nephews since we had Christmas together on the same day this year, and realized how incredibly blessed I am. I am so thankful to have my family, and so glad that my mom is here able to spend time with Sam. I love you momma! 

********************************************************************

Dear God,

Thank you for everything you do for us. Thank you so much for watching over my family, especially my mother this past year, and keeping us safe. Thank you for answering our prayers with a resounding “yes” when we asked you to heal her. Thank you for letting my daughter have the same chance to play with her Granna as her cousins have gotten to have. Thank you for showing us just how fast we could lose someone, and how we should be thankful for each and every day we have with each other. Thank you for everything you do for us.

AMEN

********************************************************************

1 comment:

  1. I remember that day. So thankful your mom got through that and is doing well.

    ReplyDelete