This morning my mom was in a car accident on her way to school. She didn't feel well, and started seeing double and as she was trying to pull over to the side of the road she blacked out. She went off the side of the road, went over a bump in a driveway which caused her van to go airborne, and she landed in a gully going the opposite direction. She was taken by ambulance to Trinity Medical center, and after having an MRI they found that she has two fractured vertebrae.The only other injuries that she suffered were on her neck and chest from the seatbelt, and some bruising on her left arm from hitting the door of the van. She has been admitted to the hospital for observation, so they can try to find out why she blacked out, but also to watch her back after the swelling goes down to see if she may need surgery. Hopefully this fracture will heal on it's own with time and rest. She has been fitted with a back brace, which she joked will go nicely with her immobilizer from her shoulder surgery. Luckily it doesn't seem like she did any more damage to her hurt shoulder. I will try to update as we get more information. We thank God that she wasn't hurt more severely! Please keep her in your prayers!
Sammie visiting her Granna at the hospital.![]()
I joked with momma that if she wanted to see Samantha on her 10 monthday, all she had to do was ask. lol. Unfortunately, I spent most of the day at the hospital but, I was so glad that Patrick was able to take Sam and my two oldest nephews to his parents house for the day, and his mom was off work because of some oral surgery she had earlier in the week. It wall worked out wonderfully, because Patrick was able to keep the boys busy, while Sam's Mimi enjoyed some quality alone time with her granddaughter. :) Thanks again Mimi for letting them all come over, and for helping to take care of my family.
After I knew that mom was stable, and my older sister and her husband were going to stay at the hospital for a while, I had my oldest sister take me back to my inlaws house to pick up the gang. My nephews were supposed to stay with us the next day for our Christmas (we always do a separate Christmas so that we can have them sleep over and hang out with just us) but we thought it would be a good idea if they came home with us that night so that we could keep their minds off of mom and her accident.
We had a wonderful time with the boys. We all made homemade pizza, then we ate, then took Sam's 10 month pictures with her sticker, then opened presents. They seemed to enjoy the stuff we got them. When I got Sam down for the night, we watched movies and played board games until late. Brady fell asleep on the couch before we got to the board game portion of the evening, but he still had a good time. :)![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Saturday we took the boys back to the hospital, and had a special visit from Mrs. Hayes, Erin, and her son Grayson. They are such amazing friends, and brought snacks and drinks for my mom, dad,and visitors; and even brought a toy for Sam to play with and a card game for my nephews so they wouldn't get bored. We are so blessed to have people like this in our lives. Saturday night Patrick, Sam and I spent the night at Mimi and Granddads, and even though Sam and I didn't sleep well we were very appreciative of their hospitality and enjoyed our time spent with them. Sunday morning we went back to the hospital and checked on mom again.
Sunday afternoon we went to our friend's daughter Lilly's 1st birthday party. We had a good time, and Sam enjoyed playing with all of Lilly's new toys. Lilly isn't sure what to think of Sam, since she is so quiet and Sam is a bit outspoken, but hopefully they will grow on each other eventually. When we left the party we went and had dinner in the next town over with my friend Linsie and her husband for her 27th birthday! Linsie couldn't look more amazing! She has that gorgeous pregnant glow, and her belly is so adorable! :) I am so excited that she will have her little boy in just a few short months! Linsie and Jeremiah got us some awesome Christmas presents, one of which is a multi purpose spoon which I have used every time I have cooked since I got it! :) I think we really needed to spend some time with our friends and family after mom's accident, to remind us of the positive things in our lives. ![]()
![]()
Well that is all for now, I should have some updates for you all soon. Please continue to pray for my family as we are hoping for the best outcome possible for this accident.
************************************************************************************
Dear God,
Thank you for all that you do for us. Thank you so much for taking care of my mother, and the rest of my family this week. Thank you so much for watching over my mother and letting her continue to be here with us, because while I know that Heaven is a wonderful place, we still need her. Thank you for allowing us to be at the hospital with her, and for watching over all of the kiddos. Thank you for my healthy amazing baby girl, and letting her continue to grow so strong and beautiful. Thank you for family I can count on, and friends that even though they live 2 hours away I know I can count on in an instant. Please continue to help my mother heal. Please let my mother realize that this is your way of telling her to slow down and take care of herself. Please let her be ok, and not have to have surgery, or if she does have to have surgery let it go as smoothly as possible. Please let everything be ok. Thank you so much for all of the many blessings you have bestowed upon my family and friends. You are all powerful,and I know that you have a plan and a purpose for us all.
AMEN
************************************************************************************
No comments:
Post a Comment