Friday, July 27, 2012

16 weeks

Did I really just type that? Oh my goodness how time flies when you are busy! Luckily I have started feeling better in the last few weeks. Still exhausted, still have horrible heartburn, but the nausea comes and goes and I haven’t actually been really sick for a little while. I’m thankful for whatever comes my way to bring us a healthy baby, but even more thankful that I’m not hugging the toilet daily. lol.

Today was my 16 week check up. Very routine, bp was 128/80 which is a tad  high for me but considering our week keeping up with Sam and her friend Lilly (her momma had a new baby girl Audrey Elise on 7/23) and the prior week spent with Patrick in Seattle, and the week before that I was helping my best friend put her mother to rest, it’s been a crazy month. I gained a few pounds, my doctor was happy that I didn’t continue to lose and I am still down a pound, although my clothes don’t show it. Most importantly my little one’s heartbeat was a very fast 170bpm. He/she kept moving around and was hard to catch. lol. Speaking of he/she we have scheduled our anatomy scan for 8/20 at 10am!!!!!! We are so excited, and cannot wait to see baby #2 again, and hopefully find out the gender so we can start getting their nursery ready! Today was also the first time I have felt this little one move. I thought I might have felt some flutters yesterday, but today felt definite movement. I cannot wait until they get more consistant!

Sam loves her brother/sister so much already. Last night she was laying in my lap and looked up and rubbed my belly and said “baby is so sweet, so precious brudder sisser” and then kissed it. I had tears in my eyes. I cannot wait for her to meet this little one!

Here is today’s 16 week bump picture.

DSCN4141

Dear God,

Thank you so much for our family. Thank you for our precious little girl who continues to amaze me each and every day. Thank you for this precious little one growing in my belly, and for letting us have this amazing experience again. Thank you!

AMEN

1 comment:

  1. Glad everything went well. That is so sweet about Sam :)Yay for August 20!!!!

    ReplyDelete