Monday, October 10, 2011

20 months old!

My sweet girl is 20 months old. I can hardly believe it! She just keeps getting bigger and more fun, I love this age! She seems to add new words daily, she can feed herself with a fork or spoon (not always the cleanest, but she gets the job done), she also “feeds” her baby, and can tell me 18 animal sounds when asked during a song of Old McDonald, she is now calling some animals by name my favorite is “quirkle” aka turtle. She got all four eye teeth in at the same time, and I am convinced this is why we don’t remember being babies, those suckers have to hurt! When she does something wrong she sings the “I’m so sorry” song from YoGabbaGabba, and when she is sleepy she pretends to snore and asks to go “night night”. She shows empathy when someone is upset by patting them on the shoulder whether it’s me because she accidently hit me in the face for the hundredth time or a little girl at the park who is crying because she doesn’t want to leave. (Heart melted on that one, big time!!!). She calls her friends Lilly and Emma by name. She hears my nephew’s middle school band,  and shakes her booty like she has been dancing since birth. My daughter is amazing.

The not so wonderful part of toddlerhood is something I am ok with because I know that she will learn from me and herself. She learned that temper tantrums are normal, and ok to get frustration out, but not allowed in a parking lot with moving cars. She learned that mommy will let a lot of things slide, but hitting isn’t one of them. She learned that mommy will always be there during naptime, and that sometimes screaming it out is the only way for mommy to get a shower sometimes. Honestly the tantrums stink, I hate being the bad guy, but I’m her momma and it’s my job to teach her better ways to deal with anger, and ultimately that I will always love her no matter what. All discussions end with a hug and a kiss, or a nap, and I’ll enjoy it while it lasts because I have a feeling that when she is a teenager it wont.

Sam got to spend a lot of time with friends and family this month. We spent the day with the Watts family at the Depot Days festival and had a wonderful time. We had several playdates with Lilly and Emma, along with our trips to the library and walking. We made a trip to Albertville to visit the Great Grandparents and her other cousins were here too. They had such a great time playing with Mamo’s keyboard and riding on her walker while Leigh Ellen pushed them around.  My parents kept the other 4 grandchildren and brought them to my house to let them play after church . Sam always loves spending time with “Brambon and Braby” but she doesn’t see her other cousins very often. Sam kept kissing “baby” Mackenzie, and loved running around with Jakob since he is her size. Sam also got to see her first football game of the season while listening to her cousin Brady play in the band. She loves hearing him play the trumpet, and “helped” him practice a little bit.

I know I always say this, but this is my new favorite age. She is still little and snuggly but she talks and understands so much that she makes me think of a much older child. I love it!!!!

********************************************************************

Dear God,

Thank you for everything that you do for us. Thank you for our precious sweet daughter and all of the things she is doing. Thank you for our friends and family and all the time we have been able to spend with them. Thank you for watching over us and keeping her healthy this month. Thank you for letting me be here to watch her grow every day, I look back and can’t believe how much she has changed right before my eyes, and can’t imagine missing all of this. Thank you for the life that you have blessed us with, we are truly grateful for every single thing. Please help us to continue to live our lives through you, and to follow this beautiful path you have set before us. Thank you.

AMEN

********************************************************************

1 comment:

  1. Happy 20 months Sam. Can't believe you are almost 2 years old. Time is flying by it seems.

    ReplyDelete