This is what this post is really about though. I had the grossest funniest thing happen today. We went out to eat with the cousins and Patrick's grandmother and brother for mother's day. We sat down, I was feeding Sam a bottle, because I just can't nurse in public, and we all ordered our food and were enjoying catching up. When all of the sudden I felt something warm in my lap. Sam had filled her diaper up so full and so fast that it was overflowing and she peed ALL OVER ME! I took her to the bathroom and got her cleaned up, and changed. I sent Patrick out to the car to get my spare clothes. Only problem was that I had taken my spare pants in at home to wash, and didn't have any in the car. At least I had an extra t-shirt, but I spent the rest of lunch with wet pants, looking like I had peed myself. I dried out eventually, but I was so grossed out. When I got to the bathroom with Sam all I could do was look at the mirror and laugh, she is a little trickster! Luckily we had a good afternoon, after the fact, and got to spend some quality time with Patrick's Granddad and Grandma Rosie too.
Just thought I would share one of the many joys of motherhood with you all. BTW my little piece of advice for anyone with kids, always have a spare change of clothes with you, you never know when the blowout diaper of a lifetime will happen, or how far away from home you will be.
************************************************************************************
Dear God,
Thank you for everything that you do for us. Thank you for giving us such a wonderful family and giving us the chance to spend time with them. Thank you for giving me a sense of humor to be able to deal with the grossest of incidents with my sweet baby girl. Thank you for continuing to watch over Patrick's grandparents while they are dealing with the aftermath of the tornadoes that destroyed their property, and thank you again for keeping them safe from harm. Thank you for all that you do. Please let us have a wonderful first mother's day, and continue to remind me how blessed I am to have such a wonderful daughter and husband.
AMEN
************************************************************************************
No comments:
Post a Comment