Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Waiting, not so patiently...

**15 weeks**

So it's 4:30 in the morning, and I can't sleep. I keep having baby dreams, followed by house dreams, followed by baby dreams. I just can't seem to relax. Most of the baby dreams are happy, but with my round ligament pain lately a couple of them are closer to nightmares that cause me to jump which wakes me up. A couple of weeks ago I woke up in the middle of the night with a stabbing pain on the left side of my pelvis. I thought I was losing the baby. I hurt so bad, that I couldn't breathe, and was doubled over in pain. I broke out into a sweat and turned white as a sheet. As soon as I stopped hurting I woke Patrick up, and called my doctors office. It was 3:30am but they have a nurse on call. She said that it was probably round ligament pain, since I wasn't having any cramping or bleeding. I took it easy for a couple of days, but have still been having some pain, however it is nowhere near as bad as the first time. I called again last week to follow up and make sure that my doctor thought everything was ok, and again I was reassured, and told to take Tylenol and use a heating pad to help. I know it's all just a part of pregnancy, but I can't help but worry. My mother in law insists that worrying is a big part of motherhood, and buddy she isn't kidding. The house dreams are mostly centered around the fact that we put in an offer on the house we want last night. I know that whatever happens will be for the best, but I am so ready to be done with this process. We were in a small bid war against someone who put in an offer on Friday, but think we may have offered more than what they wanted to, without going over our budget. I am trying to have faith, but my dreams are not being kind. Hopefully we will know something by the end of today, so at least I can stop worrying either because we got it and will have a whole other set of things to worry about, or because we didn't in which case we will have to start our search all over again. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Baby bump beginning 15weeks


*************************************************************************************
Dear God,
Thank you for everything you do for us. Thank you for our baby, and for giving us a doctor and nurses that can help to ease my worries. Please take care of me and the baby, and let us stay healthy. Thank you for Patrick. He is such a wonderful husband and knows what I need, thank you for letting him know the right things to say to me when I am in need of comfort. Thank you for our families and friends. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to try to buy a house, which is a luxury that many people do not have right now. Please help us to make the right decisions, and if this house is meant to be ours, please help us to get it. Thank you for everything you do for us.
AMEN
************************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment