Today was my 35 week checkup. I have weekly appointments from here on out just to keep a check on everything. Everything looks great. Gained a few pounds, blood pressure was 130/80 which is a tad high for me but normal, Ben’s heart rate was 140, measuring right on track for 35 weeks, and nurse reassured me that the bit of swelling I have in my feet is mostly due to humidity (since it’s been in the 70s this week) and Ben’s position, and not being able to rest as much as I did with Sam. My doctor is very pleased with my healthy pregnancy and told me that my strep B test was negative and my placenta is no longer an issue since it has moved 7cm since our last ultrasound! All around just a great appointment. Even better I was in and out in 15 minutes so I got to go home and spend time with my sweet girl and her Grandpa. Patrick is out of town for the last time until after Ben’s arrival. We are so thankful for such a great job, but my dad has had to come and watch Sam a few times so that I can go to my doctors appointments.Grandpa loves his time with Sam and she gets so excited about him staying to play. They play and eat snacks and she always ends up in her princess dress, because Grandpa is just that awesome. :) I know she enjoys her individual time with him as much as he does. :) We are ready for Patrick to be home for a while though so we can try to establish a new routine before he has to go back to Seattle again sometime after Sam's 3rd birthday.
We are staying very busy these days. Sam and I spend most of our days playing, crafting, and visiting with friends. I’m enjoying every minute of alone time with her that I can until she has to share with her new brother.
I worry sometimes, as mother’s often do, about how having a new baby will change our relationship. I know we will all love Ben so much, but this will be a huge change for Sam who has had momma’s undivided attention for almost 3 years. Yesterday we visited with 2 babies. One was 4 months old and the other was her cousin Colton who is 6 weeks old. Sam loves babies, she wants to hold them, rub them, shush them, hug them, kiss them, and tells them she loves them and how sweet they are. I just hope that once Ben arrives and is at our house all the time she still feels the same way. I’m so blessed to have such a sweet little girl, and so blessed that we are able to give her a baby brother.
34 weeks 4 days pic
No comments:
Post a Comment