Saturday, February 11, 2012

Samantha’s new cousin Lily Cate is here!

Samantha’s Uncle JJ and his wife April welcomed a beautiful 7lb 3oz 20 inch long baby girl to the world on 2/8/12! (What? Our family likes even numbers apparently!) Her name is Lillian Catherine Jeff “Lily Cate” for short. We are so excited for Sam to have another little cousin, and I love my nephews, but it was nice to get another niece to try and even it out! I truly hope that Sam and Lily Cate end up being close like me and my cousin Brandi. We didn’t get to visit the new family member in the hospital, but went first thing on Saturday morning to introduce Sam to her new cousin.

The other Jeff Family!

425002_10150652447741103_541041102_10801714_384330470_n

Sam is not a shy child, she usually takes a few minutes to look at her new surroundings and then is like a bull in a China shop! When we first walked into the house, Sam looked around as usual but as soon as she saw Lily Cate, she was glued to her! It was so sweet watching her pat, and rub the new baby. After a while we decided to try and let Sam “hold” her new cousin, and we were in Aw of how incredibly sweet and gentle she was. Sam played around with her Granddad for a little while, but then she saw Mimi with Lily Cate and wanted more time for kisses and hair rubbing. She was so careful, but kept kissing Lily Cate and stroking her hair with the side of her cheek. Sweetest thing ever!!!!

I teared up a few times. First of all my baby used to be almost the same exact size, and now to see her in comparison was just incredible. The other reason was because Patrick and I have started talks of giving Sam a sibling, but were waiting because we don’t want Sam to feel like she isn’t still our baby. Now seeing how much she loved this child, seeing how careful and gentle and sweet Sam was with Lily Cate, made us realize that when we do decide to have another baby that it won’t be just for us, it will be a gift for Sam. As crazy and strange as our relationships with our own siblings can be, Patrick and I love them, and we want Sam to have that too. We aren’t having a baby tomorrow, but know that when we do it will complete our family!  The other emotions came from my sister in law. All of the things she is going through right now, the joy, the overwhelming feeling of being the primary caretaker of this new life, the beginning stuff that isn’t always so perfect, I remember all of that. I just wanted to hug her, and I did, and to let her know that she is doing everything right and that I am here for her. I love April but now we share a special bond, we are mothers.

Lily Cate was absolutely precious our entire visit, she slept, she stretched and yawned, and  was absolutely beautiful! We are so thankful for this baby girl!

********************************************************************

Dear God,

Thank you for everything you do. Thank you for blessing our family with another baby girl to love. Thank you for a healthy and safe delivery for April, and for a beautiful healthy Lily Cate! Thank you for giving our family even more reasons to celebrate your name, we are so thankful for our children and all of the happiness and togetherness during this joyous occasion! Please watch over JJ, April and Lily Cate as they learn how this new family dynamic works and please let them reach out for help when they might need it. Please help Sam and Lily Cate to become close cousins and friends one day. Thank you so much for everything you do.

AMEN

********************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment