My amazing husband had a great idea a couple of months ago to take Sam to see Sesame Street Live. I was a little apprehensive since she is still so little, I wasn’t sure she would sit still or pay attention, and with the time change I was worried about her having a meltdown or falling asleep in the middle of it. Well Patrick will love this…… I WAS WRONG, and HE WAS RIGHT!
The show started at 10:30, Sam was a little antsy just because there were a lot of people around and we got there early so she didn’t have much to do but walk around and look. We bought her a tshirt and a program (with a poster inside for her wall), and tried to keep her entertained by looking through it. It was still looking like my sleepy girl might lose it soon, but as soon as the Sesame Street characters came on stage, she was MESMERIZED! Her face was absolutely priceless, and brought tears to my eyes because I was so happy that she was so happy! lol. I couldn’t stop taking pictures of her, but Patrick finally told me to turn around and enjoy the show. The show itself was so cute! It was all about Super Grover who Sam loves, and his super hero friend who were trying to help him. She was so drawn into it that for the first half she didn’t say a word or move, except to sit with me. The second half she was getting really sleepy since it was after noon, and to her internal clock with the time change it was really after 1 (way past nap time), but she did well. She ate some snacks, and pointed at the characters and kept saying their names, and DANCED and sang.
Honestly I couldn’t have been happier with her first concert experience! I am so thankful that my sweet husband and Sam’s sweet daddy realized that she was ready for this! Thank you again honey, we love you!
********************************************************************
Dear God,
Thank you so much for everything you do for us. Thank you for this wonderful opportunity to get to do something fun and unique with our precious daughter. Even though she may not remember it, Patrick and I will never forget her face when she got to see her “heroes”. Thank you for blessing our family so much, and for giving us this quality time together in the middle of the week. Thank you for everything you do for us.
AMEN
********************************************************************


















No comments:
Post a Comment