I am a huge believer in the power of prayer. I believe that God hears our prayers and always answers them, even if it isn't the answer that we want to hear. This week I have been praying for everything I have been blessed with, my family, my friends, all of the wonderful things God has given me, but I have also been praying for a stranger. I heard a very heartbreaking story earlier today about a man who after a freak car accident lost his wife, and was asking others to pray for his daughter (who was delivered shortly after his wife died, 3 weeks early). I'm not sure why this story touched me so much. I think it has to do with the fact that last year at this time I was just days away from delivering my own daughter and can't imagine what how he must be feeling. Sadly last night the doctors said that there was no way that they could save his daughter and removed her from life support. She died shortly after. This man had someone post on a fb page about how thankful he was for the blessings God had given him, and for letting him spend these last few days with his daughter Miranda, all the while he had just lost his wife and daughter. I can only hope that I could be this strong in my faith in God, that after having everything taken away from me, that I would praise HIS name.
So if you would, please pray for this man. I do not know him, I do not know his family, buy my heart feels the need to pray. If you are interested in reading his blog, here is the link. http://sadandchara.blogspot.com/
************************************************************************************
Dear God,
Please watch over Chad in the days to come. Please continue to give him the strength to get through this heart breaking ordeal. I know that his wife and daughter are with you and that you are taking care of them, and I thank you for your grace and mercy. Please bless Chad with family and friends who care about him, and who will surround him in his time of need. Please let your presence be known to him, and give him peace.
AMEN
************************************************************************************
You inspire me, Stef!
ReplyDelete