Wednesday, November 10, 2010

9 months old!

Can you believe it?! Sam is 9 months old today! She is getting so big, and doing more new things every day! In just one week she started clapping, pulling up on things, at first to her knees now all the way to her feet, she is eating her snacks by herself, and drinking from a Sippy cup, and today she tried her first table food. Not to mention that today was the very first time that she put herself to sleep in her crib for a nap, and it lasted a whole hour!!! I was such a proud momma! :) Before too long she will be my little girl instead of my baby girl. Who am I kidding, she will always be my baby, but you know what I mean. Now with only 92 days until her 1st birthday I am starting to get all weepy and nostalgic about her getting older. I just keep telling myself that each new stage is always my new favorite, and I am going to LOVE not having to buy formula anymore in a few months. lol.

DSC00817DSC00836DSC00839DSC00862DSC00866

Oh, and a little update. My mom's surgery went well on Monday. She was going in for a repair on a small tear in her shoulder and a bone spur, but ended up having to have the whole rotator cuff repaired also. She has been doing good, but today was the first day that she was in pain. I just hope that it will pass soon, and that she will recover quickly. I know she will do everything she can to get back to holding Samantha as soon as possible.  Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, I really appreciate them!

********************************************************************

Dear God,

Thank you for everything that you do for us. Thank you for our beautiful, healthy, sweet, amazing baby girl. Thank you for making our family whole with her. Thank you for this wonderful life that you have made us responsible for, we love her so much and can’t believe how incredibly lucky we are. Please be with the families who aren’t so lucky. Please give them comfort and strength when their children are dealing with various ailments, and let them trust in you to take care of them. Thank you so much for taking care of us and for our wonderful families. Thank you for taking care of my mother during her surgery and for helping her to slow down and take time for herself so that she can recover. Thank you for watching over my sister and nephews last week when their house caught fire, and even though there were no smoke alarms, they woke up and got out and are ok. Thank you so much for all of the amazing miracles you perform each and every day, and even for being with us when the answer to our prayers is no. Please be with my friends who are having a tough time right now, who need a little extra guidance. Thank you for everything that you do for us, and all of the many blessings you have bestowed upon us in our every day lives.

AMEN

********************************************************************

2 comments:

  1. Sam is too stinkin' cute! And I'm glad your mom's surgery went well, wishing her a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm late to the party, but happy 9 months Sam. I can't believe how fast she has grown. Thankful that your mom's surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete