Sorry I haven’t had a chance to blog lately. I wanted to do this last week, but Patrick had to go to Seattle on a business trip and I was a single mommy all week. We are really glad to have him home, especially after he missed his flight and almost didn’t get to come home on Friday. Samantha turned 5 months old the day after her daddy’s 26th birthday, and is getting to be such a big girl. She is still just rolling from her belly to her back, but she is getting great with her head control, babbles and makes razzies all of the time, and seems to laugh more and more. Today we gave her a formula bottle for the very first time. I have been trying to exclusively breast feed until she turned 6 months old, but lately my supply has dropped, and when I had a stomach virus a few months ago she drank most of my freezer stash. We went through the last bottles from my stash yesterday, and today were forced into giving her a bottle of formula, or I was going to have to nurse her in the middle of IHOP which is something I wasn’t willing to do. I will continue to nurse for the most part when we are at home, and as long as she is satisfied I will do so for as long as I can. Some breast milk is better than none, and once she hits the 6 month mark I will re-evaluate what we want to do.
Yesterday was my sister Mandie’s wedding!!! She was a beautiful bride, and I am so happy that she married a man that treats her well and is so perfect for her. I am so excited that she is about to experience this step in her life, and hope that they continue to grow in their relationship!! This also means that I have a new niece and a nephew. Dale has 2 children, Amanda is 16, and David is 13. Add them to the crew, and the impending arrival of my youngest sisters baby due in December and my parents will have 7 grandchildren, 4 of them added just this year. Hopefully we will all get together soon, so that our family can bond even more. :)
Today we met my parents and all of my nephews for lunch at IHOP. My mom went out to the car to get Jakob’s sippy cup and tripped over a concrete barrier, and hurt her arm. Patrick and I took Sam, Brandon, & Jakob to our house, while Daddy took mom and Brady to the ER to get it checked out. She is still really sore and bruised up pretty badly, but thankfully nothing was broken. I hope that she learns from this and slows down a little.
Well I guess that’s all for now, I will try and update when I can.
**********************************************************
Dear God,
Thank you for everything you do for us. Thank you for taking care of my family. Thank you for letting Mandie meet Dale and for letting them have a wonderful wedding day. Thank you for letting my mom be ok after her fall. Thank you for being with me and helping me understand that everything will be ok, and that I need to let you be in control. Thank you for letting Patrick have a safe trip, and for taking care of him even when things went wrong. Thank you so much for everything you do for us.
AMEN
**********************************************************
No comments:
Post a Comment