**39 weeks 4 days**
Patrick and I decided that we wanted to write Samantha a letter before her arrival so that we could let her know what we were thinking and let her know how we feel about her. Patrick's is on his blog so feel free to check it out too!
♦ Patrick's Blog ♦
Dear Samantha,
1Samuel 1:27
I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.
I want you to know that I have loved and prayed for you for longer than I can remember. With only three days left until your due date, it feels like only yesterday I learned that you were growing inside of me. Over the past nine months I have grown to love you more and more each and every day, and the anticipation of your long awaited arrival is almost more than I can take. At times I can feel you moving inside my womb and I feel as if I know you already. I try to imagine what you will look like; will you have mine and Granna’s smile, your daddy’s freckles, your Grandpa’s eyes? You are my little angel, my gift from God, the answers to all of my prayers. You and your daddy are my reasons for everything. I don’t know if I can ever express to you how much I love you already, but I hope that in a way you already know. I am looking forward to the minute I can finally hold you in my arms, but know that you are going to grow up so fast. Your daddy and I have so much that we want to teach you, but we know that there is so much more that you are going to teach us. Every day we talk about how much we love you, how all we want to do is make you happy and hope that all of your dreams come true. And every day we talk about how you are going to change our lives forever, and how having you is going to be the greatest accomplishment we have ever made. I just want you to know that no matter what, “I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.”
Love Always,
Mommy
LOVE the book you quoted at the end. Logan loves "I'll Love You Forever" and I've read it to him since before he was born and was in my tummy! Good luck with your delivery!
ReplyDeleteOh Stef! This is beautiful. Can't wait till tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteThat letter is so beautiful! Sam is a lucky girl to have you as her mommy!
ReplyDeleteYou won a Beautiful Blogger Award!
Check it out!
http://mrsmessi.blogspot.com/2010/02/beautiful-blogger-award.html
Sobbing over here this was soooo sweet. OMG she will love this. I write letters to my son and have put them in a book for him. You are about to enter the best chapter of your life!
ReplyDeleteI am your newest follower since we both got the beautiful blogger award. I hope you will come by my blog and follow back if you would like. I love meeting new bloggy friends. Juliana from A Blonde Walks Into A Blog
P.S. I have some cute baby giveaways going on and some about to start